Alternate title: I’ll finish that novel yet!
Welcome to my first ever Camp NaNoWriMo listing. I’ll be working on my fantasy pirate novel, currently titled The Graft, for the duration of April and beyond. You can check out my profile over on the site if you’d like, or even encourage my progress by sponsoring me and helping The Office of Letters and Light raise money to buy school supplies and the like.
Just like with my NaNoWriMo posts, I plan to update my Camp NaNo progress a day late, and the numbers reflect that. That is, Day 1’s progress will be labelled for Day 1, but posted Day 2, Day 2’s progress will be posted Day 3, and so on.
Unlike NaNoWriMo, Camp NaNo allows me to set my own goal. I can, if I choose, take it easy and write a short story and leave it at that, or a collection of short stories, or poems, or a script, or whatever.
It also doesn’t look nearly as bad if I don’t write every single day, or if I don’t make a specific daily count every day.
So this time around, I won’t be updating you with word count progress… just plot progress.
For Camp NaNo, I opted to, as that alternate title would suggest, finish a novel that I started during my second NaNo event, back in 2011.
Because I am going to be editing as well as adding new content, the novel’s current word count will be included in my total; as such, I elected to set my Camp NaNo’s word count goal as 75,000, which requires me to add at least 30,000 words to the current draft. Perhaps I shall change that as I go, depending on what sort of progress I make…. 😀
Good luck to all the campers out there, and let’s get writing!
- Camp NaNo, Here I Come? (aetherhouse.wordpress.com)
- Upcoming writing goals – Camp Nanowrimo anyone? (ellefeeney.com)
- I’m Going to Camp… Sort Of (theweightofmyworld.com)
- NaNoWriMo Receives $10K Grant from Pubslush Foundation (litreactor.com)
- Short Story Prompt From Ruby8: The Crimson Dragonfly (obzervashunal.com)
- 18 Short Stories That Pack More of a Punch Than Many Novels (neatorama.com)
- Almost Camping Time (maasmith.com)
- Pin-It Saturday: Name That Novel (awkwardheather.wordpress.com)
- Writing Update: Short Story Complete!!! (gradypbrown.wordpress.com)
- Small packages (sharonplynn.com)