Got quite a bit of work done into the main storyline, all the way through the excerpt I chose for the novel’s official profile on the NaNoWriMo site, and almost (but not quite) to the scene chosen for the “writing sample” provided for my attempt at offering writing commissions on deviantArt.
And then I did some more editing on the sections that were already done. *facepalm*
I think that first part of the prologue is just about done to my satisfaction–or it will be once I’ve rewritten one of the scenes to be wholly from the pirate captain’s perspective after it switches away from the merchant captain, and I haven’t decided if the pirates should explain why they showed up or just let them… kind of show up.
But I know the rest of it needs quite a bit more work regardless of what I decide for the first part.
Still, progress is progress, even if it is in the form of rebelling with older content.
Daily goal: 1667
Daily written: 2824
Total goal: 8333
Total written: 10107 (I actually accomplished a touch more than that, but this number was the last time I updated my account)
Report card: At this rate, you will finish on Nov. 25 (Tchya right! We’ll see how that goes once the older content is done, hmm?)
- Nano Madness (quotidiandose.wordpress.com)
- 5 Reasons I Love NaNoWriMo (rosiereast.com)
- So You Want To Write A Book, Part 2: The Daily Grind (litreactor.com)
- #NaNoWriMo 2014, Word Counts, and Revisions (writingpossibilities.com)
- NaNoWriMo and my first published novel (snoekbrown.com)
- Do You Need To Join NaNoWriMo To Write Your Novel? (dailytwocents.com)
- NaNoWriMo Checklist (thewritersroomdotcom.wordpress.com)
- How To Become A NaNoWriMo “Winner” (nealabbott.wordpress.com)
- INKSPILL: On NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) (awritersfountain.wordpress.com)