A Winner is Me!
But it’s not time for the happy dance yet. I still need to actually finish the thing, edit it, and turn it into something vaguely resembling a publishable book. Here’s hoping I’ll have all that done before the winner’s prizes expire; I want print copies of this one.
And get another job.
In other news, I got back into playing Skyrim for the purpose of gameplay videos… and then had to shut down the game because someone started yakking at me about this NDA thing while I was recording.
I did manage to get a decent amount of play in for one video before that happened, though, so I think I’ll just see where he started talking and trim things off at that end. It needs editing, anyway, and I need the practice. And then start the next video up…. oh, probably after I finish up that cave; I don’t remember what all I had to do in there, but I don’t think it was much.
Okay, so I could have muted or unplugged the microphone, I realize that now, but there’s two problems with that: one, I didn’t know he was going to start in on that subject until he did, and two, I was a bit busy concentrating on the game and didn’t think to just stop the microphone. ^^;
Same problem I have when someone’s talking to me while I try to read or work on my fiction; it’s not that easy to concentrate on both things at the same time, and trying to do so will often outright derail my train of thought rather than simply interrupt it. The result is, all too often, losing far more time than what it takes to answer their questions.
And very often whatever I’m doing requires more brain power than whatever they’re talking about (e.g. “what are you doing?” “working” “working on what” “work” ;p desperately hoping the person will go away and stopped asking, go away and wait until I’m totally done before they ask for details… or go away and let me reach a point where I can take a break without losing my train of thought).
Anyway, NaNo, final count….
Daily goal: 1667
Daily written: 3087
Total goal: 43333
Total written: Report card reports: 50126 NaNo reports: 50089
Report Card: Congratulations! You won!
Everyone who’s finished and won by now, congratulations!
Everyone else, good luck and don’t give up; the end is in sight.
- NaNoWriMo 2013 – on wining and what I learned from the experience. (elorenalory.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Announcement (daydreamsandwishes.wordpress.com)
- NaNo update through 11-26 (victoriaathens.wordpress.com)
- 3 Things You Should NOT Do with Your NaNoWriMo Novel (changeitupediting.com)
- Perseverance. (thebeautyofexistence.wordpress.com)
- NaNoThanks#ROW80 post (courtneymarquez.com)
- NaNoWriMo Day 26: Winning and TGIO (ibelonginabook.wordpress.com)
- The End of NaNoWriMo is in sight (juliestock.wordpress.com)
- It’s EIther NaNo Back or a Mopping Injury or Skyrim Overload… (allisonkgarcia.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo – Day 26 (donnasfamilylife.wordpress.com)