I managed a little more progress over the last couple of days, though of course I neglected to report it.
I came up with some ideas about what the demon summoner’s lair should look like–I didn’t want it to be the super-dark “obviously evil” super villain’s lair, but I also wanted something that would be “bad” in the context of the story, so I shoved him into an underwater cave deep under the ocean surface. 😉
The island that reaches down to this cave–the entire world is all islands, did I ever say that? I’ll probably want to try making a map someday–may be the more typical volcanic wasteland of a super villain’s lair, or I might be realistic enough to point out that volcanic regions are actually quite fertile. But the lair proper will be devoid of any life that is not imported.
As the main character notes once he reaches that underwater cave:
It eluded him how something could be so beautiful and so terrible all at once, yet the lair was exactly that.
And since I made little headway on Day 20, I’ll just combine the count here:
Daily goal: 1667
Daily written: 967
Total goal: 35000
Total written: 43949
Report Card: At this rate, you will finish on November 24.
My immediate goal is to push that estimate back a bit… though of course I can’t validate my count until Nov 25 at the earliest, so at this point it might not even matter if I finish that early.
My secondary goal, of course, is to make sure I don’t slow down so far that I wind up being late.
Or should those be the other way around? 😉
- Mid Novel Slump – NaNoWriMo Day 21 (fangsandlasers.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo 2013: Day 21 (takayta.wordpress.com)
- @NaNoWriMo Day 22 (mikecoville.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Update: winding down (clairevioletthropeexpress.wordpress.com)
- A Perfunctory Post (insideliamsbrain.wordpress.com)
- NaNo – Day 20 – Exhausted (jennasands2.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo: Day 20 (frozenintyme.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo2013-The Scrolls of Sion Chapter Twenty One (fablesfallaciesandshortformfiction.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Day 21: Close to the End (wordwabbit.wordpress.com)
- VIDEO: NaNoWriMo Day 22 (juliakellywrites.com)