And there went a good chunk of my buffer. With a week and a half to go.
I can’t blame folks or other things on this one, though, much as I want to. 😉
No, this one was all me. First, I’d reached this one scene that, try as I might, I could not write. I knew what I wanted to happen — and eventually resorted to another stream of consciousness “blah, blah, this happens here” set of notes — but I could not write the scene itself.
Then, instead of doing the sensible thing by simply skipping to the next scene… I spent my time on the Steam communities, looking at some of the mods I’d once downloaded for Skyrim, and drooling over the official DLC like Hearthfire — which I can’t buy until I can get this limit sorted out with PayPal! *cue foaming at the mouth* Speaking of which, I’ll likely be reblogging my “Elder Scrolls wishlist” at some point with a few changes.
Anyway, distractions besides the point, I honestly was having trouble working through the one scene.
So aside from the stream of consciousness, I finally decided to skip to the next scene and hope for better luck for Day 21.
Day’s goal: as always, 1,667 words.
Daily written: 695
Total goal: 33333
Total written: 34804
Report Card: At this rate, you will finish on Nov 29.
And a 1519 daily average would let me finish on time.
Now let’s see if I can get that buffer back!
- NaNoWriMo Day 20 – On Sexy Paragraphs and Other Unrelated Topics (allmeanssomething.wordpress.com)
- Day 20 of NaNoWriMo (laurieanichols.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Day 20 & 21: WTF was that?! (thegrownupya.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Day 20 (spontaneousderivation.com)
- NaNoWriMo Tip #20: Write Blind (writingishardwork.com)
- NaNoWriMo Day 21 (chyrondave.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Day 16 – What’s Been Eating Up All Of My Time? (allmeanssomething.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo: Won The Battle But Not The War…Let’s Dance! (lettersandfeathers.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Day 18 – Words, words, everywhere (aelizabethwest.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo Day 17 (spontaneousderivation.com)