Another tutoring session, another student, another dollar. And then some.
And once I got home, I just couldn’t seem to focus on my NaNo.
I’ll blame the Dragon Cave. 😉 I spent way too much time on my eggs, trying to get ready for this year’s (delayed) Halloween cave drop. Which I just managed to grab two of a few minutes ago–woohoo! Now if only one of my male pink dragons was ready to influence another egg; my Shadow Walkers are almost out of time!
And I kept browsing the NaNo forums instead of writing, and updating my word count instead of writing, and….
But I still made the daily goal and then some.
Now I just need to do something silly like increase my buffer again.
Day’s goal: as always, 1,667 words.
Daily written: 1883
Total goal: 3333
Total written: 4016 (NaNo reports it at 3956, because I’d tried to update at midnight and the site froze up…but 4016 is what I’m counting for day 2)
Report Card: At this rate, you will finish on November 25. (Aww, I liked having that extra day over the last two years! Better get writing if I want to increase my buffer!)
According to my calculations, I would need to write 1642 words per day for the rest of the month to finish on time. Not a whole lot lower than the 1667 daily goal, but my immediate goal is, as always, to continue to decrease that number.
- NaNoWriMo Day 2, Friday Fail (laith.wordpress.com)
- Outskirts Press Sponsors NaNoWriMo 2012 (prweb.com)
- NaNoWriMo Tips: stage directions and other lessons from script writing (12novels.com)
- NaNoWriMo Day 2 – Squirrels, Sick, and Sorry (aelizabethwest.wordpress.com)
- Oh dear……. #NaNoWriMo (zaraawritingstory.wordpress.com)
- Participating in NaNoWriMo? (ctwesting.com)
- NaNoWriMo – A Review of the First Day (asilisis.wordpress.com)
- 11/1/12 – First Day of NaNoWriMo (aelizabethwest.wordpress.com)
- An Unashamed Tortoise: Why ‘Slow’ Doesn’t Equal Failure (oliviasopinions.wordpress.com)
- NaNoWriMo collective experiment update (themodernmanuscript.wordpress.com)